Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Game 1

Well, I guess I'm a Phillies fan this week. I can handle that, even though I'm a Braves fan. I've never been able to truly despise the Phillies, despite their annoying habit of owning the NL East for the last two years. I grew up watching the rookie league Martinsville Phillies at English Field (old logo seen at left), back when our city had an Appy League team.

Fun fact: English Field now carries the unfortunate moniker Hooker Field, named for the neighboring Hooker Furniture offices and factory. True story.

So with that I extend an olive branch to the Phillies. After all, the most important thing to remember is that Yankee Stadium is the epicenter of evil in the modern world and Alex Rodriguez is the father of all lies.

However, I will grant a special exemption to Derek Jeter. He's a cool guy and he plays the game the right way. Also, he did well for us in the World Baseball Classic. Would that he were a Brave.

As of this writing, it's the top of the 8th and the Phillies have a 2-0 lead following two Chase Utley home runs. Sweet.

UPDATE: Hah! Base hit, 4-0 Phils. Top 8th.

UPDATE: Sit down A-Rod! 6-1 Phils win it.

No comments: